Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hyatt Centric Park City Review



To start off, I was confused as we followed the signs to get here. They all said "Hyatt Escala Lodge," and I thought we were staying at the Hyatt Centric. Apparently they are in the middle of rebranding themselves, so they are one and the same. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the new name, just because it makes me think of a sleek, modern hotel in a hopping part of the city. I thought the old lodge name fit better, because the hotel really had a "lodge tucked up in the mountains" feel.

Anyway, we got upgraded to a one bedroom suite, which is always a nice way to start your stay. A bathroom for each of us! Also a gigantic dining room table, living room, and a kitchen nicer than mine. What to do with all that room? Without our kids with us the space kind of felt wasted.



Of course, one of the most important things I check out in a hotel room is the bathtub situation. The bathrooms were beautiful, and the presence of a 6-foot jetted tub meant I had to try it out, although I had to stay up past 1 a.m. to do it. I have no regrets. The sleep situation was helped by our afternoon nap on the very comfy bed. (The fireplace in the bedroom was a nice, cozy touch.)


We got into Park City for the evening by taking the hotel shuttle. It drops you off at the bottom of Main Street, pretty straightforward. I was skeptical of Austin's plan to get us back, but it actually didn't take us much longer than an Uber would have! After our movie, around 11:30, we took a few Sundance shuttles from our theater to get to the 7-11 at the bottom of the hill below our hotel. Then Austin called the hotel and they sent someone down to get us in the Hyatt van. Voila!

Breakfast the next morning was nice, nothing out of the ordinary. Austin likes his omelet bar but nothing made me miss my usual oatmeal. Kind of fun to see the ski lift outside while we ate, it made me wish I was more into skiing!

The only other hotel we've stayed at in Park City before is the Waldorf Astoria. I actually liked the Hyatt Centric better...it wasn't as grand, but it felt warmer and more comfortable in terms of the color scheme and decor. Especially in our room, this hotel perfectly honed in on the luxurious ski lodge theme.

0 comments:

Post a Comment