Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Trip Idea: Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown

Back in our wilder days...

Back in 2010 we went on an epic trip, which included Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown. I particularly remember this trip as being the first couple's vacation Austin talked me into; we went with Austin's colleague from work and his wife. Austin has always been more interested in the concept of making couple friends than I have, but I'm not anti-social, I'm just realistic. Let's face it, couple friends are the elusive Holy Grail of adult life. Getting four people to all like each other enough to want to hang out on a regular basis? Good luck. 

All things considered, this was a very nice couple, and we had some nice dinners and outings together, but relaxing on vacation and being on point socially are not mutually compatible in my mind and probably never will be. 

However, as far as Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown go, I would definitely revisit that experience. I love wandering around historical sites reading little plaques, and although Austin is not big on educational travel, I seem to recall that he enjoyed it as well and found it interesting. So if you're like us and sometimes have a hard time deciding where to go for vacation, check it out. We went in April and the weather was great, but fall is a great time to do a New England trip as well. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment